Thursday 7 July 2011

New Horizons

I can't believe it's been two years and a month since Jed and I first arrived in the UK. Now we're making plans to move back to the States and it's feeling more than a little surreal. When people here ask whether we are excited to be going home or not it's not the easiest question to answer. This has been the first home we've had together, so we will always have a special place in our hearts for Morley. I'm sure most of our friends from college will know what I'm talking about when I say that major life changes seem to become a way of life when you're between the ages of 18 and 30. In the last 7 years I graduated high school and moved 1,300 miles away from my "home" to go to college. Then I spent a semester abroad in Europe, got engaged, got married, graduated college, moved to England and somewhere in there my parents moved to Texas. Needless to say my definition of "home" has changed many times.
We have been very blessed to find a job in Tipton, Oklahoma. We will be working as relief house parents with the Tipton Home.. Knowing that we have a job to go back to has made our last few months here so much easier. It's been great to be able to focus on things here and not have to worry about what we will do in the US.
We will be flying into Dallas on July 27th so that we can make it to Oklahoma City in time for my sister in law, Krystin's, wedding on the 30th. Then we will be doing some visiting with my family in Texas and starting work in Tipton on August 16th. So if any of you will be in the area we would love to get together and share some stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment