Saturday 23 July 2011

3 more sleeps

Well it's that time already. I pulled the suitcases down yesterday and started gathering non-essentials. I don't think the fact that we are moving has really sunk in yet. I'm actually hoping for it to just wait till after Krystin's wedding next weekend to sink in. We've had a pretty good week aside from all the hours spent on the phone with utility companies. Jed kept trying to explain that they will not be getting more money from us after Thursday because we will have no more financial presence in the UK. You would think that most companies would jump when you say please take my money now, but no, it's not supposed to work that way.
On Wednesday we got to say goodbye to the school we've been volunteering at. We were the judges for their end-of-the-year talent show. It was really nice to get to spend a little time with everyone before we go. Friday night we went with Anne, Ian, and Sharon to the Balti house for a final curry. I do have to say that of all the things I will miss about living in the UK it will probably be the Indian food and the fish and chips that I miss the most.
It seems silly but I can't help but wake up every day wishing it would go faster just so everything would be finished. I'm not saying I can't wait to leave, as a matter of fact in a week I'll be wishing that everything had gone slower. It's just that I'd like to know that we've made it through without any complete breakdowns.
Anyway today is packing day (for me at least, Jed will probably wait till Tuesday night). Then tomorrow we will be going down to Mapelwell camp to say "hello" and "goodbye" to all of our friends there. Then Monday and Tuesday are just for reveling in everything English before we leave for the airport at 3am on Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. We will be thinking about you guys this week.Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you guys are doing well and the transition is going ok.

    ReplyDelete