Sunday 6 February 2011

It's Official

Jed and I have set the date for our return to the states. We will be flying back to Dallas on July 27th of this year. Kristin, Jed's sister, will be getting married in Oklahoma city on July 30th so that was our deadline to be back. It's really strange to think that we are now only 6 months away from the end of our two year commitment here. Still, now that the plane ticket is bought and paid for we are looking forward to being able to put that in the back of our minds.
What is amazing is that I have finally found myself forgetting that I'm not from here. When I meet new people they ask where I'm from, and for a split second I think: well here of course! Adjusting to life in England was never really a problem for either of us but it is amazing how much more a part of things we feel now that it's been a year and a half. We love our home and the new Christian family we've found here in Morley, and I know that we will miss them all when we have to leave. Still, it will be nice to see our immediate families and friends so our feelings will obviously be a little mixed. All I have to say is that it's a very good thing we like to travel.

2 comments:

  1. I know you'll be crazy busy, but I expect to see you in July when you are in OKC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for you as you prepare for this transition. Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete